Re: [Vala] Chaining up constructors.

Yu Feng wrote:
CreateMethod in GObject is really awkward and difficult to get
accustomed.

On the other hand, i think that GObject construction is quite handy in the way you can set multiple properties of the object at once. Especially in C, though, perhapse, not so much elsewhere.

The code generated by VALA also left me an impression that vala is
attempting to resolve the conflict between the intuitive way and the
GObject way by introducing _construct along with _new. Is it the case?

This is one thing i have also thought about. GObjects are constructed in quite an unique way. Is it really a good idea to attempt to make GObject construction to look like, for example, Java construction. Or should Vala rather embrace the strangeness of GObject say to programmers that, "this is the way we do things in GObject land, just learn it".

--
Arto Karppinen