Re: [Vala] Va(a)lide : IDE for Vala !

On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 5:21 PM, gege2061 <gege2061 redaction-developpez com> wrote:
2008/5/28 Johann Prieur <johann prieur gmail com>:
> So, what do you miss from GEdit and its awesome plugins? Its extensibility
> is certainly enough to help you reach your goals.

gedit is able to create projects?

Not natively, but as you said, it's extensible. If the goal is to have a simple and minimalistic editor, then use the plugins like the terminal panel, the file browser, the snippets, ... and develop the functionalities you miss as new plugins.

If you want something more complex and if GEdit isn't the right base for it, then I would go for Anjuta as some work is already ongoing on this side and it makes sense if we think of Anjuta as a GNOME IDE. But well, I won't stop you from starting your own editor, every vala project will have the side effect of improving the language which is good so, really, your call.

Johann