Re: [Vala] Conditional compilation

El Sunday 18 May 2008 17:01:28 Enrique Ocaña González escribió:

Or, you could use the [Conditional] attribute as someone pointed out
in a previous e-mail. I pasted the answer into the FAQ:
http://live.gnome.org/Vala/FAQ

Regarding the strange output, I think they are cpp linemarkers
http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/cpp/Preprocessor-Output.html

I did a bit of research about CPP and updated the FAQ (see quoted link
above) with an example about how to use CPP with Vala.

I'd like to make a suggestion for the future, just in case it seems
interesting:

Add compiler support for cpp linemarkers in the source code. That way, the
error line of the original file would be reported, instead of the line of the
preprocessed file.

What do you think?

--
Enrique Ocaña González (eocanha igalia com)
Computer Science Engineer

Have a look at Happy Coding Blog... http://blogs.igalia.com/eocanha