Re: [Vala] [OT] Vala XChat Plugins Bindings

Hi pancake,

On Sun, 2008-03-09 at 14:30 +0100, pancake wrote:
On Sun, 09 Mar 2008 13:10:26 +0100
Andrea Del Signore <sejerpz tin it> wrote:

wow nice :)

Thank you

Some comments on the vapi follows:
use 'weak' to skip the vala memory management for a variable.
btw reading your example maybe you'll need to use 'out' and 'ref' attributes.

Yes but for some reason init (weak ref|out string) doesn't work for me.
I don't recall correctly why but I'm sure that was my first try.
(I think that it's a vala bug, but I need to investigate better)

read sqlite3.vapi as example vapi, i take lot of ideas from it. You can
setup the init and deinit methods as constructor and destructor, so vala
will take care of them in a proper way.

Thanks I will do it. But init deinit & get_info methods in this case are called directly
from xchat I don't think they can be the plugin constructor / destructor, basically
they are callbacks.

My lua vapi hasn't been imported into vala, so I think that maybe Jurg
thinks that this is not imoprtant to be in valac tarball. So I propose
to create a community maintained repository for VAPIs.

What do you think?

I don't think that this kind of vapis make sense in the vala tarball and
I agree with you it would be nice to have a place (just a page on the
wiki?) to share them, in fact I send this message with the only purpose
to share the vapi ;)

I would do it myself but then someone need to review my english grammar
& syntax ;)

--pancake

Ciao,
Andrea

P.S.
I will make some improvement to the bindings, but first I need to
release another toy project of mines ;)