Re: [Vala] Within-project inheritance

Sam Liddicott wrote:
Do I ned a vapi file if I want to subclass within the same project, a class that is defined in a different file?

No, you just have to pass all relevant .vala files to the compiler.
For example:
$ valac a.vala b.vala
or
$ valac *.vala

Can "using" work without a vapi file?

Yes, if the namespace is defined in one of your .vala files.

Are vapi files only interfaces to C libraries or do external vala libraries also need one?

Compiled external Vala libraries are the same as C libraries, so they
will need a .vapi file. You can generate it with the --library compiler
option. Take libgee as an example:

http://live.gnome.org/Libgee

Regards,

Frederik