Re: [Vala] timers with callbacks

Jürg Billeter wrote:
On Tue, 2008-06-17 at 19:59 +0100, Sam Liddicott wrote:

I've grep'd all my vapi files and can't find any timer classes that
provide callbacks, can anyone help?
I've seen the example at: http://live.gnome.org/Vala/Tutorial
but O'm just running Gtk.main, not making a loop, so I don't have
anything to time.attach to.

Gtk.main uses a mainloop, so you can use something as follows:

	Timeout.add (interval, callback);

Thanks

I've also modified the vala glade demo to make connect_signals more
reasonable:

        if (!module.symbol ("glade_phone_ui_" + handler_name, out sym)
&& !module.symbol (handler_name, out sym)) {

Of course "glade_phone_ui" is my namespace hierachy, but is there a
magical preprocessor token to pull out the current namespace hierachy
prefix to save me hard wiring it? That would be a reasonable change to
the glade example.

No, that's not possible at the moment. It would be nice if we find a
convenient solution for this - I'd focus on GtkBuilder instead of Glade,
though.

Ah. Does it read glad files or have a gui designer?

Sam