Re: [Vala] GSL Binding updated!!!

Perhaps avala back-end to swig would be in order?

Many libraries alreadhy have swig .i files were neded, and for new libraries there would be moew benefit to those maintainers to look after a swig .i file than just a vala file.

Sam

From: Martin (OPENGeoMap) <martin opengeomap org>
Sent: 14 June 2008 00:22
To: Matías De la Puente <mfpuente ar gmail com>
Cc: vala-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [Vala] GSL Binding updated!!!

Hello:
I am not sure what is the function of this, but if not used it in objects the cast does'n work. Example

Without [Compact]:
samplefunction ( (Vector)a );  // in vala
samplefunction ( GSL_VECTOR (a) );  // in C

With [Compact]:
samplefunction ( (Vector)a ); // in vala
samplefunction ( (gsl_vector*)(a) ); // in C
thanks.

Perhaps it´s time to think in a own VALA repository like ruby (ruby-forge) or perl (CPAN).
I think it´s important differenciate between VALA core (gtk, glib, etc) and external libraries what can be infinite.

I agree
Gnome people will give the hosting what VALA  deserve and we can see it int he first place here:
http://www.gtk.org/language-bindings.html

I would like something ruby-gems system. Ruby gems works perfect in windows and linux. It suppose that in a basic VALA installation we will have the VALA plugins list to install, uninstall or  find local  bindings.
http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/8967

Matias
we cheers up to create opengl bindings :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D . I think opengl are much more easy than GSL bindings.
http://informatica.uv.es/iiguia/AIG/files/header.zip

I will take a look.....
It´s similar to cairo/vala bindings i think.
http://live.gnome.org/Vala/CairoSample

Regards.