Re: [Vala] Usage of Static classes

Hi,

On Tue, 2008-06-03 at 01:06 +0530, Sudharshan S wrote:
First of all I am new to the OOP way of thinking and pretty new to vala.
So please bear with me as I am still learning things.
To best of my knowledge static classes are non instantiable and sealed.

As Phil already replied, you should use nested namespaces instead of
static classes. Vala supports namespace methods, they are implicitly
static.

But using the 'static' keyword during the class definition barfs when
compiling.

For example,

public static Foo: GLib.Object {

It doesn't make a lot of sense to have a base class for a static class.
The semantic analyzer should report an error in this case, however,
we're not extending checks for static classes as they've already been
deprecated.

Jürg