Re: [Vala] valac makefile problem

On Wed, 2008-07-23 at 14:07 +0100, Sam Liddicott wrote:
Even compiling valac without this change, and then using that to
compile
itself with this change results in the same error:

I tried make distclean and still the same problem. Is there something
wrong with the make file?

There is actually a bug in the makefile, we miss the dependencies
between the different sublibraries on the vala level, i.e. we should add
the appropriate .vapi files as dependencies to the valac rules. This
shouldn't be difficult to fix but requires some testing to make sure the
situation doesn't get worse.

It's expected, that make distclean doesn't change the situation as we
distribute the generated .c/.h files, however, it should work without
any make clean, of course.

What are the .c and .h file still doing there after a maintainer-clean?

That's a known bug but should be easy to fix, just never got around
doing it. We should also add "if MAINTAINER_MODE" guards around the
valac rules to make it more consistent for packagers.

BTW: As a workaround you can remove the stamp files to trigger a rebuild
of all .c/.h files, i.e. `rm */*.stamp`

Juerg