Re: [Vala] parrot in vala

Sorry if I sound rude in the previous mail...

My idea was to implement a parrot Vapi to allow to embed parrot programs
inside Vala ones.

Would be awesome to implement vala in parrot as a dynamic language, but
not now..it's not a stable language yet :) But maybe a two-side integration
would be nice, so being able to script vala language in dynamic vala.

I just wanted to comment the idea to discuss it and know your oppions,
I don't have much time these days, so I dont plan to work on it nowadays,
but I heard some people in irc talking about GC techniques and so.

IMHO parrot needs more work on the NCI side (native subroutine calls from
an embedded vm). And maybe 'we' can help on the NCI side by testing and
adding support for the things we need.

Its a benefit for both projects and this way we're not limited to a single
language binding.

A sample parrot embeded will be:

;--------------------------------------------------------
$ cat main.c
#include <parrot/parrot.h>

void func()
{
        printf("Hello World!\n");
}

int main(int argc, char **argv)
{
        PMC *method;
        Parrot_Interp pvm = Parrot_new(NULL);

        register_nci_method(pvm, enum_class_NCI, &func, "func", "v");

        Parrot_PackFile pf = Parrot_readbc(pvm, "hello.pbc");
        if (pf == NULL) {
                fprintf(stderr, "Oops. Cannot open hello.pbc\n");
                return 1;
        }

        Parrot_loadbc(pvm, pf);

        Parrot_runcode(pvm, argc, argv);