[Vala] memory leaks

I plan to write a daemon in Vala. My reasons are:

 - clean code
 - low footprint
 - direct C bindings

The problem is that this program will run indefinitely on an ARM board out of the human
acces for a long while (together with others mobos that will be doing the same).

My question is..does anyone has checked if Vala leaks?

I think that the main reason if a vala program leaks is the program itself, coz is
not properly written.

BTW i think that GLIB has some memory-usage statistics and backtracing and so,
is this accesible from Vala? (if accesible from c it is :P but no idea how)

What do you think about it?