Re: [Vala] signal cascade blocking in Gtk+

On sab, 2008-01-05 at 10:53 +0100, Andrea Del Signore wrote:

you have to use the delete_event like this:

        private bool nascondi(Gtk.Widget w, Gdk.Event event)
        {
                this.hide();
                return false;
        }

I think that when you tried to use it, you forgot to change the
"nascondi" function signature according to the docs ;)

You are right, I forgot it. :)
Yeah! It works!!

Thank you very much! :)

But the compiler gives no warning, and the error at runtime is quite
cryptic. :/

BTW, I cannot find the docs regarding Gtk in Vala, apart from the
examples in homepage.

C callbacks have 3 arguments: widget, event, data. But I don't know if
the data parameter can be used in vala and how it must be declared (it's
a gpointer)

Should I look Mono Gtk# docs?
I have never coded in C#, only in Python+PyGtk.

Bye.