Re: [Vala] inline C

Hi!

On 16.12.2008 01:37:45, Jürg Billeter wrote:
I don't really like the idea of inline C in general. The only reason to use it is to avoid writing bindings or work around bugs in the compiler.

That was the original idea

Supporting full-featured inline C is not trivial as you would not only
need to be able to write C blocks in Vala methods but also make it
possible to add include directives, use C types as parameters, define
global variables or constants, and maybe add lines to the generated
header file.

In my opinion, the time is better spent on improving Vala so that nobody needs inline C. Vala already makes it pretty easy to work on a low level by supporting pointers and simple ad-hoc bindings with the `extern' modifier.

Agree.
Ok, I think that's enough for the discussion. Thank you everybody who expressed here.

Best regards, Ildar
--
Ildar  Mulyukov,  free SW designer/programmer
email: ildar users sourceforge net