Re: [Vala] [ModuleInit] and __attribute__ ((constructor)) ?

Hi Ildar,

On Wed, 2008-10-15 at 03:03 +0600, Ildar Mulyukov wrote:
I am very new to Vala. Great thanks to Jürg and participants.

I've a question (or it's really two separate questions?)

1. What does [ModuleInit] do?
      I've checked the generated C-code for it and found that it does
nothing noticeable. At least in this snippet:
http://live.gnome.org/Vala/TypeModules

Vala uses g_type_module_register_type if you add the [ModuleInit]
attribute. That's needed if you want to dynamically load and unload
plug-ins that define types in the GObject type system.

2. I want to have __attribute__ ((constructor)) function but cannot
figure out how to do it. Any hint?

We do not support this at the moment. It's only available in GCC, as
fars as I know.

Jürg