Re: [Vala] D-Bus server testing

On Sat, 2008-12-13 at 10:37 +0100, Jürg Billeter wrote:
due to various issues and limitations with type marshalling of
dbus-glib, I've rewritten D-Bus server support to directly use libdbus
to read and write D-Bus messages. The rewrite is not yet in trunk as it
hasn't been tested extensively yet. I've attached a patch to bug
560034[1].

The libdbus-based marshalling code is shared with the experimental
static D-Bus client support, which was introduced in Vala 0.5.2.

I'd like you to test this patch with your existing D-Bus server code and
report regressions. If we can get the rewrite to a usable state this
weekend, it will be part of the 0.5.3 release on Monday. Otherwise, I'll
commit it to trunk after the release.

Thanks to testing by Ali Sabil and Marc-André Lureau, we have been able
to fix quite some bugs in the rewrite. As the code now seems to be
pretty stable, I've committed the patch to trunk. Please let me know if
there are still regressions, so we can deal with them before the
release.

Jürg