Re: [Vala] Threads, synchronization & locking

On Tue, 2008-12-02 at 20:12 +0100, Frederik wrote:
Hi,

Hi,
I have been experimenting with threads & synchronization in Vala with
the Dining Philosophers Problem [1] (see attachment). If I want to lock
a mutex I have to use:

     mutex.lock ();
     // ...
     mutex.unlock ();

If i use

     lock (mutex) {
         // ...
     }

the lock keyword can be any "object", so I think that you could use

        lock(fork)
        {
                //....
        }

and forget about the mutex. Anyway I didn't try it and I don't know if
Vala permits the use of the lock keyword with an array.

Regards,

Frederik

Hope this helps. Ciao,
Andrea