Re: [Vala] Assisted printf format

Hello,

I finished the first element about the assisted printf format, I attached the changes (I don't have a svn account)

Now is possible do it:

void main () {
    string a = "foo";
    double b = 123.45;
    long c = 678;
    uint d = 9;
    stdout.printf ("Hello World: %-10?%? %?%?\n", a, b, c, d);
}

Vala translate the '?' for the real format, indicate in the CCode attribute, in the field printf_format, if printf_format is not defined in the type is not possible use the assited printf format,if you try, valac generates a compiler error

Also, I changed the default to_string format to the char type,

before:
public string to_string (string format = "%hhi");

now:
public string to_string (string format = "%c");

I don't know if this change is correctly, but why the default char format is numerical ?

Missing format string:
I don't know the format string for unichar

If this is a good feature make this changes in the source repository