Re: [Vala] Setting property doesn't emit notify signal

On Tue, April 29, 2008 23:13, Yu Feng wrote:

vala will translate setting property:
---
a.prop = "value"
----
---
class_a_set_prop (a, "value");
---
and this won't emit a notify signal, because the signal is only emitted
by g_object_set.

However, if I want to catch the signal, what should I do?

You currently need to add the [Notify] attribute to the property so that
the setter will call g_object_notify. The default is to not notify for
performance reasons. However, we might change the default when
performance-sensitive applications are able to switch from GObjects to
more efficient fundamental types.

Juerg