[Vala] [Fwd: Re: How to obtain number of elements in array]

-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: Yu Feng <rainwoodman gmail com>
To: Jürg Billeter <j bitron ch>
Subject: Re: [Vala] How to obtain number of elements in array
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 01:37:35 -0400

Not always.

If the string is created by:
string s = "a|b|c";
string[] x = s.split("|");

we will always have x.length == -1.

Don't know how to deal with it then. expose a static method in string
class?
There seems to be no explicit place to put the g_strv_length call
cleanly in the code generator, because in the compiler string is a
ordinary class and string[] is a ordinary array.

Yu

I am also wondering why evolution always reply the email to the sender
instead of the maillist.

Yu