Re: [Vala] Hackers' Guide to Vala

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 01:19:54AM +0200, Jaap A. Haitsma wrote:
2008/4/21 Rodney Lorrimar <rodney rodney id au>:
 As I have been browsing through the Vala code, I have started writing
 a document about various aspects of Vala that would be interesting for
 developers who would like to make their own changes.

Rodney,

Great that you are doing this. 2 remarks.

1)  http://rodney.id.au/dev/vala/hackers.html seems to be down or you
made a typo in the URL

Hmm. My hosting is not always reliable. It works for me now in Europe,
so maybe it was briefly out. Could you try again? If you still can't
access it perhaps I will send the document to the list, it's not yet
very big.

2) I suggest you start a wiki page on http://live.gnome.org/Vala  That
way it's much easier for people to contribute

I think the wiki would be ideal except that the syntax is so tedious
and you have to edit in the web browser. The guide is written in
docbook XML. I was thinking perhaps setting up a little git repository
for the doc on repo.or.cz and enabling the "mob branch"
(http://repo.or.cz/mob.html).

Cheers,

Rodney