Re: [Vala] GNet bindings status

On Thu, 2007-09-13 at 15:07 +0200, Zsombor wrote:

On 9/13/07, Andrea Del Signore <lsdadsl virgilio it> wrote:
        Hi all,

        I've made some progress on the gnet binding front.

        I just attach the results because I'm in hurry (work...
        work :) )

        This night I'll try to break the vapigen patch and start a
        discussion
        about the problems I found, since my solutions seem so
        "hackish".
        (it can be that I haven't understand vapigen too well so
        everything I've
        done is wrong :) )

        Have a nice day,
        Andrea

        P.S.
        I attach also two working examples from the gnet package that
        converted to vala (echoclient / echoserver) to test the
        bindings.

        P.S.2
        Sorry for my "engrish"!!!

I think it would be more object oriented , if instead of
IO.channel_readline(ioclient...) calls, there is a
ioclient.channel_readline(...) or simply ioclient.readline(...). But
it's just a suggestions, i'am not the decision maker here :) However,
nice work :)

BR,
 Zsombor

Hi Zsombor,

yes you are right about the IO class and its methods.

Thank you,
Andrea