Re: [Vala] Is vala threatened by patents?

On Fri, 2007-09-07 at 18:03 +0200, Andreas wrote:
Hi,
I've done lots of research about mono and Microsoft's patents now.
I was not able to find the actual patent text however.
The Mono project admits that it violates existing patents and it sounds
like some of those patents applied to the C# language itself as well.
Do you know what the patents actually are about or whether vala violates
them?

C# language has a free patent grant (MS gave this when they donated it
as a spec to ECMA)

The .Net Framework however is not covered by that patent grant so mono
is potentially vulnerable there

fortunately vala does not implement the .net framework so wont be
affected by any patents there

IANAL, but Im pretty sure its safe and free from any infringement that
mono might face