Re: [Vala] Compile errors with SVN.

On 3/20/07, Raffaele Sandrini <rasa gmx ch> wrote:
As far as i can see you only need, starting with vala-0.0.7, to compile
revision 240 to be able to parse most recent vapi files.

Thanks, I'm doing this right now.

Raffaele

On Die, 2007-03-20 at 21:28 +0000, Jürg Billeter wrote:
> On Die, 2007-03-20 at 17:45 -0300, Alexandre Moreira wrote:
> > I just had some nasty errors trying to compile from SVN 248.
> >
> > I don't know if I'm doing everything alright so here is my method, a simple:
> >
> > svn co http://svn.gnome.org/svn/vala/trunk/vala
> > cd vala
> > autoreconf -i
> > ./configure
> > make
> >
> > After make I have a few unexpected ] in glib's vapi file (which I
> > tried to correct by adding the () here and there)
> >
> > But adding the () did me no good because right after that I had a
> > loooooot of errors (in vala code, not C code) for a lot of files..
>
> The problem is that Vala SVN uses some features which Vala 0.0.7 didn't
> support yet, you'd have to do some incremental builds. We're not that
> far away anymore from 0.0.8 but I can provide you with a snapshot
> tarball tomorrow, if you like.

Thanks for the response Jürg. I will try doing the incremental builds
with 240 as a spin point.

Best regards,
Alexandre Moreira.