[Vala] Vala & DBus - errors & future syntax question

Hi,

As I understand dbus support is preliminary.

I can do:
  my = conn.get_object(.......)
  string s = my.GetSomeString();
  message ("%s" ,s);

but I can't:
  message ("%s" ,my.GetSomeString());

  error: invalid use of void expression (because vala generates
dbus_g_proxy_call_no_reply)

nor even:
  string s = "rec";
  s = s + my.GetSomeString();

  error: Operands must be strings

And how will it work for that dbus' method signature:
<method name="GetBigger">
   <arg name="unsigned"       type="u"        direction="in"/>
   <arg name="boooo"              type="b"        direction="out"/>
   <arg name="str"          type="s"        direction="out"/>
</method> ?

Programmer could define:
struct Foo
{
  public int v1;
  public bool v2;
  public string v3;
}
and try to do Foo f = my.GetBigger();

Of course dbus method specs are more complex (nested struct & array)

Sorry to be so chaotic, but I'm quite excited with Vala.

I hope that these bug reports helps,

Good luck,
--
Paweł Różański