Re: [Vala] Problem with references

On Fre, 2006-08-25 at 18:16 +0200, Dominique Würtz wrote:
Jürg Billeter schrieb:
In that concrete case it would probably be best to just mark
Cairo.Matrix as a reference-type, so it will always be passed by
reference. That would make it impossible to ever pass it by value,
though. Do you see a problem with that or shall I change Cairo.Matrix as
afore said?

No, I didn't find any API which requires passing by value so it should
be ok, however, there should be the possibility to make a copy of the
struct. Maybe a default copy constructor for ref types a la

Cairo.Matrix a;
Cairo.Matrix b = new Cairo.Matrix(b);

would be the way to go?

Not sure yet, as there is no overloading and there could be a default
construction method in the struct. Maybe something like a.copy () or
a.dup () would be better.

Jürg