[Vala] Problem with references

Hi, it's me again!

First of all, thank you for resolving all those issues so quickly.

Now for my bindings, I need to pass references around (references to Cairo.Matrix). I tried to use the ref keyword like this

class X {
   public ref Cairo.Matrix transform;

   public ref Cairo.Matrix get_transform ()
   {
       return transform;
   }
}

in the belief "ref Cairo.Matrix" would translate to "cairo_matrix_t *". However, the ref attribute seems to have no effect on the generated code.
BTW, I had to add

[CCode (cname = "cairo_matrix_t")]

to cairo.vala in order to have Vala use the proper name of the cairo struct.

Regards,

Dominique