Re: [Vala] Plugable Code Generators

On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 12:47 PM, Luca Bruno <lethalman88 gmail com> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 12:40 PM, Andrea Del Signore <sejerpz gmail com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> recently with these two commits [1], [2] support for the posix and
>> dova profiles was removed from the vala compiler.
>>
>> I fully agree with this decision, for a number of reason starting from
>> the fact that these profiles were incomplete and somewhat broken.
>> Anyway as I said I like the idea of experimenting with alternative
>> codegen backends so I think that adding plugin support to the vala
>> compiler will be very useful.
>>
>> Attached to this email there's patch that implements it, if there is
>> some interest I can open a bug in bugzilla and continue the discussion
>> there.
>>
>> Following a sample profile code that re-implements a minimal test
>> profile that mimic the GObject codgen backend:
>>

> Plugin support for vala is planned, you may want to take a look at the
> wip/transform branch that in my opinion should land before any work on
> pluggable stuff.
>
> --
> www.debian.org - The Universal Operating System

Hi Luca,

can you elaborate a little why the transform branch should be merged before?
What's its purpose?

Anyway we are talking about experimental stuff and we shouldn't be
worried about compatibility and such, so why not include a simple
patch like mine and after go for the full solution?

Regards,
Andrea