Re: [Utopia] gnome-volume-manager not mounting USB drives [SOLVED]

Feel stupid for replying so quickly to my own question:

gparted had created a file:
/usr/share/hal/fdi/policy/gparted-disable-automount.fdi

This set ignore=true for all disk drives, which caused nothing to be mounted

Removing this file fixed everything.  It was probably created and not cleanly removed.

Chris