Re: [Utopia] Gnome-mount issues on Frugalware Linux

Hey,

Sorry for the lag,

On Sat, 2006-07-22 at 07:34 +0100, Alex Smith wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been trying to get gnome-mount to work on Frugalware Linux, but
> it really doesn't seem to want to work. It gets compiled and installed
> by the build script with the usual ./configure --prefix=/usr
> --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var && make && make DESTDIR=
> $Fdestdir install ($Fdestdir is a variable used by the package build
> script), and then I install the resulting package.

What version of

 - gnome-mount
 - udev
 - hal
 - Linux kernel

are you using? Suggest to use at least CVS HEAD of gnome-mount since
that is what will soon be released as gnome-mount 0.5.

> The problems that I have are as follows:
>  1) When I plug in say, my Flash drive, it appears in Nautilus'
> sidebar, so I double click it to mount it

Would be useful with outputs of running

 gnome-mount -t -v -d /dev/sda1

or whatever the device file is.

> (it should auto mount, but for some reason it hasn't done so since
> upgrading to Gnome 2.15.x) and it says 'Cannot mount volume' in a
> dialog. It does this for every volume I have listed in Nautilus.

Sounds like an issue with gnome-volume-manager - if you get the events
with 'lshal --monitor' the hal side of things should be fine.

>  2) If I right-click a volume and click Properties, Nautilus
> segfaults. This can't be the nautilus plugin, because I compiled
> without the nautilus plugin.

I've seen Nautilus 2.15.x segfault with the plug-in, however Nautilus
2.14.x works just fine. I'll try to track down alexl to investigate for
fixing this for gnome-mount 0.5, it's probably a gnome-mount thing but
could potentially be a Nautilus issue as well.

    David