Re: [Utopia] Acme tool

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

Yes I see, it's been more tightly integrated into gnome, that was a
good move I think.

the first thing we need is a list of keyboards, this should tell us
what the multimedia profile is, things in the system to look out for
when auto detecting (usb ids ect) and other information including
maybe an image.

you should then be able to select maker / model from some drop downs
or go for a custom keyboard which you can set all the keys.

then we can use this information either as a package that would have
frequent updates or as an online service.

depending on the method used custom keyboards should be saved and
uploaded on a website somewhere central so everyone can see what has
already been done and they can be included in future package releases
if thats the method we use.

have you got the email for Sergey, perhaps we should discuss this with him?

Best Regards, Martin Owens