Re: hal privileges [was: Re: [Utopia] gnome-mount 0.3 is out]

<quote who="Martin Pitt">

> > You know, I don't mind getting the split into HAL if it means that you
> > guys can start shipping a non-crippled HAL.
>
> We ship a non-dangerous hal, not a crippled one.

Concur. Ubuntu delivers a highly functional and complete utopia stack, and
has been broadly praised for it. It would not have received such praise if
it were 'crippled'. It's also worth noting Ubuntu's strong track record on
security which is directly attributable to Martin's depth of knowledge and
sense of taste!

Also, pmount is clever and concise. That is all.

- Jeff

--
linux.conf.au 2006: Dunedin, New Zealand               http://linux.conf.au/

    "Think video. Think text flickering over your walls. Think games at
    work. Think anything where a staid, link-based browser is useless."
          "This person wrote for Ab Fab, right?" - Rich Welykochy