[Utopia] app event sharing

With certain events (all I can think of now is inserting of blank
cd's/dvd's), there may be multiple applications running that are able to
handle the event.

For example, gnome-volume-manager is running and can handle the
insertion of blank cd's by asking the user what she would like to do -
burn an audio cd, burn a data cd, etc.

But what if the user is already running Banshee and has just selected a
bunch of songs to burn to an audio CD. She now realises that she'll need
to insert a blank disc (or maybe she's clicked "Burn" and Banshee has
reminded her). Now she inserts a blank disc and g-v-m prompts her what
she'd like to do.

This isn't what we'd want to happen, she's already started to prepare to
burn a cd using Banshee and so the prompt is unneeded/undesirable
(especially if the configured audio burning tool is something other than
what she happens to be using already).

How do we solve this?

--
Jeffrey Stedfast