Re: [Utopia] app event sharing

Mr. Love and I just duiscussed this a little here in our spacious Novell
Cubicles and the most plausable diea we came up with was to have
applications register with dbus saying "I can handle cd burning". G-V-M
would then query to see if any apps were running/registered as being
able to handle burning cds, if so - do nothing and let the app handle
the event itself, else give the prompt.

It's not perfect in that the user could be running Banshee but want to
burn a data cd using nautilus-cd-burning (which isn't yet running), but
at least it eliminates some confusion.

--
Jeffrey Stedfast
Evolution Hacker - Novell, Inc.