Re: [Utopia] Re: Power Manager Tooltip

On Wed, 2005-04-27 at 22:41 +0300, Paul Ionescu wrote:
> > * Should two batteries be lumped together as one "virtual battery"?
>
> For the tooltip, I think yes. However there should be somewhere some
> details about each battery/accumulator. Maybe a click on the icon would
> show that level of details, or a "Details" entry in right click on icon ?
> If it really helps, I can send you some screenshots of the IBM
> power/battery manager for thinkpad. (but I have to boot in windoze for
> that). It is providing a lot of info about batteries.

Yes please, the more info the better.

I think I'm erring to include both batteries in the tooltip.

What about time remaining?

.----------------------------------------.
| System is running on battery power     |
| 2 hours, 17 minutes remaining          |
| Battery #1 charged (100%)              |
| Battery #2 charging (82%)              |
| UPS discharging (70%)                  |
| Wireless mouse (33%)                   |
^----------------------------------------^

> > * Should there be a blank line between "System .." and the first "LiION"?
>
> For the tooltip, I thing there is no place for "LiION". Too technical.

Okay, agreed.

> > * Should we include any device information at all, e.g. LiION or
> > Logitech?
>
> I think not.

Okay.

> > * Should "System" be replaced with "PC" and "Laptop" as appropriate?
>
> I think system should be enough.

Or Computer?

Thanks, Richard.