[Utopia] Support for persistent keys

Hi!

I'm currently thinking about improving device label handling in
Ubuntu. Hal already supports reading out device labels, but this has
some drawbacks:

 * users are not allowed to change device labels on raw devices (at
   least not without becoming root)

 * at least some file system limit the size of the label (IIRC VFAT
   allows max. 11 characters)

So I think it might be a working idea to maintain a mapping device
UUID -> device label persistently on a computer. Since hal already is
a nice database for such purposes, I would like to see persistent keys
in hal.

The keys and values could be stored in synthesized fdi files below e.
g. /var/lib/hal; as soon as a persistent key is written, it is stored
as an fdi file. When hal is started (or a new device appears) it would
read in these additional fdis and everything should work.

Of course persistent keys must somehow be marked as such. One
possibility would be to prefix their name with "persistent.", but
maybe somebody has a better idea.

What do you think about this?

Thanks, and have a nice day!

Martin