Re: [Utopia] [patch] only run g-v-m policy if g-v-m mounted the device

On Mon, 2004-10-18 at 15:21 -0400, John (J5) Palmieri wrote:

> The reason for it is that HAL does not update right after the mount so
> we need to keep state (or poll until the device is updated in hal).  If
> we didn't do this, the policy returns if the checks for certain hal
> properties are reached before they have had a chance to update.

Right.

> Not sure how we can handle this without the internal state.

I don't see an easy solution now, either.  I was just saying that a
long-term nicety is not to have internal state, because then it is a two
minute job to convert g-v-m to be a callout instead of a daemon, because
right now it is a FSM.

	Robert Love