Re: [Utopia] [patch] only run g-v-m policy if g-v-m mounted the device

On Mon, 2004-10-18 at 13:53 -0400, Robert Love wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-10-18 at 13:46 -0400, John (J5) Palmieri wrote:
> > g-v-m was running its policy not only when it mounted a device itself.
> > It would run policy every time it got a mount property change signal
> > from hal.  This caused problems such as a nautilus window opening when
> > mounting from the command line and other such weird behavior.
> >
> > This patch places the udi of a device in a policy list when it is
> > mounted by g-v-m and only runs policy in the property change handler if
> > the given udi is in the list.
>
> Feel free to commit this, dude.  Can you make sure that distcheck
> succeeds?
>
> Going forward, I'd love to get rid of the mounted_volumes_policy_queue
> so that we didn't have in-process state.  But you remove one other list,
> so we are even.

The reason for it is that HAL does not update right after the mount so
we need to keep state (or poll until the device is updated in hal).  If
we didn't do this, the policy returns if the checks for certain hal
properties are reached before they have had a chance to update.  Not
sure how we can handle this without the internal state.

--
John (J5) Palmieri
Associate Software Engineer