[Utopia] mountpoints of usbdisks

Hi,

Thanks to project utopia, I am able to to plug in any USB disk and
have it automount with gnome-volume-manager. This works really great,
but the mount point names do not reveal which USB disk is what. I have
a built-in cardreader plus two external USB disk devices. So in
/media, I have usbdisk, usbdisk1 and usbdisk2. I think it would be
much nicer if the mountpoint names would reflect the $productname.
This way, whenever I plug in a new device, I can immidiately identify
it. Unless the product name doesn't make sense, ofcourse, but I'm
willing to take that risk ;)

So basically my question is, how can I change the rules in such manner
that all USB disks use /media/$productname as their mountpoint? I'm
not sure who's responsible (hal? gvm?) for the naming of mountpoints,
and I haven't been able to find much on this subject. I'm hoping
anyone knows.

And while I'm at it, the changes made by hald (I think) in fstab are
persistent. The lines do not get removed when a device is unplugged.
Is there a configuration option for this?

Kind regards,
Richard Stellingwerff.