[Utopia] Very simple C examples?

Hi,

I'm new to dbus, but I've found it quite an interesting project. I
have had the urge to try some things out, but it's hard to get
started.

I have sought for examples in the C language, but found none that
actually works. The glib example on the website doesn't even work...
Are there simple examples that show how to respond to messages like
'cd insterted' and 'network cable plugged'? I believe this could help
people new to dbus to gain more insight in the workings.

I'm eagerly awaiting your response(s).

Kind regards,
Richard Stellingwerff.