[Utopia] Autoconf

Hi all,

It looks like I need Autoconf 2.50 to compile D-BUS and HAL, is this
correct? When I run autogen.sh I get a number if errors. I am using
Autoconf 2.59.

Here is the output:

---
jono tea:/sources/utopia/dbus/dbus$ ./autogen.sh
I am going to run ./configure with no arguments - if you wish
to pass any to it, please specify them on the ./autogen.sh command line.
You should add the contents of `/usr/share/aclocal/libtool.m4' to
`aclocal.m4'.
aclocal
aclocal: macro `AM_PATH_PYTHON' required but not defined
aclocal: configure.in: 160: macro `AM_PROG_GCJ' not found in library
aclocal: configure.in: 1042: macro `AM_PATH_PYTHON' not found in library
autoheader: error: AC_CONFIG_HEADERS not found in configure.in
configure.in: 8: required file `./config.h.in' not found
Makefile.am:34: variable `GLIB_PC' not defined
Makefile.am:34: variable `MONO_PC' not defined
Makefile.am:31: variable `GLIB_SUBDIR' not defined
Makefile.am:31: variable `GCJ_SUBDIR' not defined
Makefile.am:31: variable `MONO_SUBDIR' not defined
Makefile.am:31: variable `QT_SUBDIR' not defined
Makefile.am:31: variable `PYTHON_SUBDIR' not defined
python/Makefile.am:13: invalid unused variable name:
`nodist_dbus_bindings_la_SO URCES'
bus/Makefile.am:28: warning: automake does not support conditional
definition of  XML_SOURCES in BUS_SOURCES
bus/Makefile.am:28: warning: automake does not support conditional
definition of  XML_SOURCES in BUS_SOURCES
bus/Makefile.am:25: invalid unused variable name: `XML_SOURCES'
test/Makefile.am:6: variable `GLIB_SUBDIR' not defined
test/glib/Makefile.am: test_profile_OBJECTS should not be defined
./configure: line 1333: syntax error near unexpected token `dbus,'
./configure: line 1333: `AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE(dbus, 0.21)'

Now type 'make' to compile dbus.
jono tea:/sources/utopia/dbus/dbus$ make
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
jono tea:/sources/utopia/dbus/dbus$
---

Also, when I install udev from unstable, I have difficulty loading my
NVidia kernel module and starting X - can anyone point me to any
documentation about this? There does'nt seem to be much.

Cheers,

	Jono

--
Jono Bacon - http://www.jonobacon.org/
Writer / Journalist / Consultant / Developer