Re: [Utopia] [patch] gvm property name changes

On Thu, 2004-05-06 at 17:52 +0200, David Zeuthen wrote:
> On Thu, May 06, 2004 at 10:54:06AM -0400, Robert Love wrote:
> > > When detecting photos on a volume we add the capability 'camera'. This
> > > is nice, but I think this capability name should be reserved for cameras
> > > that libgphoto can handle so I've renamed the capability to
> > > 'content.photos' - makes sense?
> >
> > Hm, I dunno.  What if gphoto adds support for mass storage (I strongly
> > want it to)?  It actually has it today, gphoto has some feature could
> > directory mode (I think?) that can slurp up trees of photos doing normal
> > file I/O.  I also do not like the idea of tying a HAL capability to the
> > abilities of gphoto, which is a policy decision.
> >
> > I'm not strongly opinionated on this, though.  Your thouhgts?  Others
> > thoughts?
> >

> My point was to reserve the capability 'camera' to bus devices that
> actually represent hardware objects with a lens, e.g. digital cameras.
> Which makes it a lot easier to draw a meaningful device-tree when it
> comes to e.g. selecting icons.

Ha! Very good idea then.
Would there be a way to "import" libgphoto's database in HAL's so that
we would be able to sync every now and then from libgphoto's "knowledge
base"?

---
Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>
The young fighter had a hungry look, the kind you get from not eating
for while.