[Utopia] Gnome-volume-manager not mounting cdrom

This is moved from the hal list.  HAL and DBUS *are* working.  GVM does
a great job of mounting my usbkey.  However, it seems to ignore my
cdrom.  All options are enabled in gnome-volume-properties.  I've tried
putting my cdrom in fstab as both "/dev/hdc" and "/dev/cdroms/cdrom0",
and neither way does it work.  Upon cd insertion, hal detects it and
dbus sends out the message, gvm just doesn't repsond.  Where do I start?

Nathaniel