Re: [Utopia] Gnome-volume-manager not mounting cdrom

On Mon, 2004-06-28 at 16:36 -0400, Nathaniel McCallum wrote:

> This is moved from the hal list.  HAL and DBUS *are* working.  GVM does
> a great job of mounting my usbkey.  However, it seems to ignore my
> cdrom.  All options are enabled in gnome-volume-properties.  I've tried
> putting my cdrom in fstab as both "/dev/hdc" and "/dev/cdroms/cdrom0",
> and neither way does it work.  Upon cd insertion, hal detects it and
> dbus sends out the message, gvm just doesn't repsond.  Where do I start?

First, make sure you have the latest source from CVS.  Then, define
GVM_DEBUG in src/manager.c if it not already.  Recompile.  Run g-v-m
from the command line so you can see the debug messages.

Any errors when you insert the CD ?  If g-v-m is indeed seeing the HAL
message, you ought to see something.

	Robert Love