Re: [Utopia] problems

On Thu, Jun 24, 2004 at 08:54:07PM +0100, Simon D Howard wrote:
> Firstly, I've also been playing with the gnome bluetooth stuff. This sets
> up a connection over bluetooth using a device called /dev/rfcomm0. udev
> creates /dev/bluetooth/rfcomm/0 for the device, but it doesnt symlink it
> to /dev/rfcomm0. In my syslog I get this:
>
> Also, I've found that totem wont play DVDs any more. A symlink
> /dev/cdroms/cdrom1 is created, but totem wants there to be a cdrom0. I
> dont have a cdrom0; why has it named it cdrom1?

Apparently  your using the devfs rules instead of the ``normal'' rules. The
debian package detects if you were running devfs on installation and tries to
select matching udev rules..

You can check /etc/udev/rules.d, for the classic /dev layout there is only a
symlink to ../udev.rules. For devfs like layout there will be a symlink to
../devfs.rule and to one or two compat rules files.

> Lastly, I turned on "mount removable drives when hotplugged" but nothing
> seems to happen when I plug in USB devices.

Does hal-device-manager see the volume of the device you've plugged in ? If it
does and you're sure that gnome-volume-manager was running at the time you
plugged it in please file a bug in the debian bts.

  Sjoerd
--
There can be no twisted thought without a twisted molecule.
		-- R. W. Gerard