Re: [Utopia] problems

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004, Sjoerd Simons wrote:

> Apparently  your using the devfs rules instead of the ``normal'' rules. The
> debian package detects if you were running devfs on installation and tries to
> select matching udev rules..
>
> You can check /etc/udev/rules.d, for the classic /dev layout there is only a
> symlink to ../udev.rules. For devfs like layout there will be a symlink to
> ../devfs.rule and to one or two compat rules files.

I think we chatted on IRC earlier :)  Switching to "normal" rules fixes
both the rfcomm and totem problems. However, the rule set includes
"compatibility" rules, the point of which I assume is to make the
devfs-style layout compatible with the "normal" layout (same functionality
as devfsd) ?  So shouldnt it work either way?

> Does hal-device-manager see the volume of the device you've plugged in ? If it
> does and you're sure that gnome-volume-manager was running at the time you
> plugged it in please file a bug in the debian bts.

Ok, it works now.. I could have sworn I had gnome-volume-manager running
before..

Simon