Re: [Utopia] gnome-vfs+hal debian packages

On Tue, Jul 06, 2004 at 11:11:49PM +0100, Jono Bacon wrote:
> Sjoerd Simons wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >  A few days ago i made some debian packages of gnome-vfs patched to work
> >  with
> >  hal. It's been working nicely for me and some others, so it's time to
> >  share :)
> >
> >  Packages for i386, powerpc and sparc are available using the following
> >  source lines:
> >    deb     ftp://luon.net/debian/ experimental main
> >    deb-src ftp://luon.net/debian/ experimental main
>
> Thanks for this. A few questions:
>
>  - Which packages do I install?

At least libgnomevfs2-0 and libgnomevfs2-common  version 2.6.1.1+hal-1

>  - Can I just use your patched GNOME VFS package and still use the 2.6
> packages from the main Debian archive?

Yes, no problem.

>  - Can I use your package with a CVS compiled HAL

Yes, but use a recent CVS version. As some problems with the detection of which
volumes are mounted were fixed yesterday. Which is important for the vfs.

>  - Will these packages work with Unstable?

Yes no problem. Only a newer version of hal is needed (see previous comment).
The repository also has some hal cvs packages, so you can use those instead of
running a hal you compiled yourself.

  Sjoerd
--
One Bell System - it sometimes works.