Re: [Usability] Settings Windows.

Le lundi 30 janvier 2012 à 19:02 +0100, Paweł Kubik a écrit :
> I am unable to resize windows of gnome system settings. I know that
> they might not be prepared for certain sizes and might look very ugly,
> but it's often impossible to even see all descriptions (as in hotkeys
> window).
I don't think we want to allow users to resize the control center
window. If they need to, then we've already lost.

I think you should file bugs against gnome-control-center, with
screenshots of the descriptions you can't see. If needed, the window
will be made wider, or the strings shorter.

> I have also found out that when I open Accessibility window before the
> main one it keeps, desired size. Is it bad concept that should be
> discussed or simply a bug?
I guess the sizing logic is a little complex. The window is allowed to
grow if needed, but doesn't get smaller after that. The Accessibility
panel is particularly wide.

I'm sure the designers thought about it, but it's technically not easy
to find out the size that the largest of the panels will need. So for
the moment it needs to resize sometimes. Maybe there's already a report
about that.

Hope this helps