Re: [Usability] Design in the open

Allan:

I think it is pretty clear that the GNOME UX team is pretty amazing.
As you say, though, I think we recognize that we need to improve in
areas like engagement.

With GUADEC around the corner, I think now is an important time to
make progress on getting better engagement between the developer
and usability communities within GNOME.  Can we plan activities
at GUADEC that could help?  Aside from a BOF, I wonder if it might
make sense to do some of the same sorts of activities that were
done at the UX Hackfest in London.  I think it would be interesting
to do some usability testing while there, if it were possible to make
that happen.  Perhaps the next UX Hackfest could happen to coincide
with GUADEC.

Are plans being discussed on the usability mailing list?  Are there
any particular design-focused talks being planned?  At the Desktop
Summit in Berlin, it seemed a lot of talks were about basic design
principles.  Do you think we will be seeing that again, but perhaps
more focused on GNOME 3?

Brian