Re: [Usability] usability Digest, Vol 89, Issue 1

On Lun, 24 de Octubre de 2011, 7:35 pm, Nikolai Rachmaninoff dijo:
> Hi all,
> I'm Marko.I would like to know if, in the near future, there will be any
> kind of gnome classic session (v 2.3x like).
> The gnome 2.3X was something almost perfect, which only needed some more
> little improvements(Like the ''Print'' option in the content menu and
> similar...).
>
> Let me explain:
> -My customers had tons of complaints and I had to reinstall older
> versions of Gnome on their Notebooks/Desktops computers...23 this week.
>
> My friends and customers brought back their computers and tell as follows:
> -Complicated,useless & not complete.

Another approach to using the fallback mode is using extensions to
provide a sort-of-classic experience. This is the approach taken by
my employer, the regional government of Andalusia in Spain, for
the new distro for their employees.

http://forja.guadalinex.org/svn/gecos/pkgs/

This distro is based on Ubuntu 11.04, so this extensions are know
to work with GNOME 3.0. I guess that after the launching of the
project SweetTooth it will be easier to manage extensions

https://live.gnome.org/GnomeShell/SweetTooth

Meanwhile, you can install extensions by hand or with the help of
the gnome-tweak-tool.

Cheers,

  -- Juanjo Marin