Re: [Usability] Will Nautilus ever be able to set recursive file permissions?

Jim,

On Tue, 2011-11-29 at 21:18 -0700, Jim March wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I'm on Mint12 and have confirmed that Nautilus is still broken.  In
> order to switch ownership or other permissions of, for example, an
> entire USB drive recursively (all directories top to bottom) I still
> have to drop to a terminal and run chown or chmod.
>
> The "Apply Permissions To Enclosed Files" button is still as
> non-functional as it was in 2006 when I started with Ubuntu Dapper
> 6.06.
>
> Is there any effort underway to fix this, or is there another GUI file
> manager that isn't broken?

Did you file a bug report in bugzilla.gnome.org with exact steps to
reproduce? Project-wide mailing lists are not the best place to get
things in the codebase of a specific application fixed.

andre
--
mailto:ak-47 gmx net | failed
http://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper | http://www.openismus.com